Based on 3-dimensional cell cultures special test systems for the assessment of safety and quality parameters of herbal cosmetic products have been developed in the ADSI laboratories. They are a perfect substitute of tests in animals or humans.
Ideal “Simulation” of Human Skin
These GMP compliant RHE models (Reconstructed Human Epidermis) perfectly simulate the natural conditions in the real body. Developed from primary human keratinocytes, and validated, they replace the 2D monolayer cell culture models. They overcome limitations of the 2D cultures, such as chemical solubility and stability in the culture medium.
Simple topical application
The test substance may simply be applied to the surface of the cell culture. Thus, effects of raw materials and final product formulations can be tested.
High-end techniques at your service
- Safety assessments (skin corrosion, irritation OECD TG 439, OECD TG 431
- Identification of skin sensitizers (IL-18 release)
- Testing of properties like immunomodulation or brightening of the skin
- Testing of the epidermal barrier function
- Screening for anti-inflammatory activity (NF-κB signalling)
- Ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography
- Mass spectrometry techniques, such as
- ultra-high-resolution time-of-flight MS
- Direct analysis in real time-MS
- Matrix assisted laser desorption ionization MS
- Gas chromatography-MS-hyphenation